Thursday, April 16, 2020

Day 1: The time is nigh

S'up y'all'steve,

With Sil's help, I have valiantly begun production on my short, yet-to-be titled film! WHOOOOO!
Anyways, I biked over with my blue school backpack with laptop, camera and storyboard and you KNOW we got to work...after messing around for a little admittedly. 



OK back to the serious stuff...

After a few attempts to shoot w my camera (Nikon p500) I remembered that:
A. it's almost 10 years old.
B. Quality is super hard to maximize.
C. Exporting is a dystopian nightmare and evidenced by the clips I am featuring I just wasn't liking the end result.
D. An iPhone shoots better quality and I just borrowed a sick tripod...



Sooooooo....

I realized I had the solution in my pocket, literally. I just switched over to my handy-dandy Iphone and Tripod set up and got shooting like a maniac.




So anyways, I got to shooting a LOT of stuff. But mainly it was that opening morning sequence like a billion times. It got honestly so repetitive I am going to force you to look at these videos that were made as a result:




Yes, those were all unedited originally and were just 10 straight minutes of socks. I was living Tarantino's fantasies. Unfortunately, I don't wanna upload the youtube video of just feet and I need these cuts so these clips will do for now in blog land.

Anyways, at the end of the day, I made a rough first cut: here it is 


Looking sick! and ~unfinished~!!!! WHOOOOOOOO!

Anyways, that was day 1. Tune in tomorrow for day 2 :).







No comments:

Post a Comment