Sunday, April 19, 2020

Refleción

I have mixed feelings about everything in the portfolio project. Out of the good, the bad, and the ok, I'll start with the good. I started off thinking I was gonna have no one to work with, striking up a partnership with Jules out of a good weekend of work. Early prep with Jules went phenomenal, we were already getting costumes, shooting dates, locations, you name it we had it. Up until about the last week I will ever be at school, we had our fingers to the pulse. That, admittedly, is about doing it for the good. Now, onto the dreaded bad. I am a self-diagnosed "bad-at-crisis-management" type of person, so when school got cancelled and we started to lose actors/collaborators to quarantine, I hit a huge wall. My creativity sort of sputtered and I did not give myself the time and resources I would've liked. Some of the equipment I ordered Pre-quarantine is STILL DELIVERING!!! I cycled through too many actors and spent too much useful time being indecisive about my choices, which in turn kind of led into the positives of sticking to what I know and I felt very comfortable in that. Still, that huge, days (or weeks) long break in my schedule hurt just as much as the constant cast turnovers. On the ok: I am very happy with what I did. I realized the last week to make sure I could have what I needed and I feel very satisfied. I learned super cool skills, discovered I have a knack for audio, and me and Jules communicated well, albeit much later than a regularly scheduled, non coronavirus year would have allowed. All in all, my mixed feelings can't change the past, but my biggest takeaway is that I was able to seize a slice of the present to make this a nice reality, one I am sad I could not live out in a normal school setting, but am glad could lend itself to me making this real.

No comments:

Post a Comment