Friday, April 17, 2020

Day 2, aka "the first 48"

Hi there again...

This has been my life for a day and 3/4's for now
So day 2 with Sil just  wrapped up. We got a lot more done day 1 than I thought we did which helped today go by faster, but by no stretch of the imagination did we do enough. I mean, we got the footage I showed you from day 1, but today we switched gears from Tarantino to Saw as we got "the money shot" of this $0.00 production: The Chelsea grin.






Having fun w unfinished grin

Doesn't Sil look great? we took that while messing around.  Before that, I was busy taking shots of the scene. It was the very first scene we shot that day because honestly the rest was just getting what we didn't yesterday and that footage is semi-repetitive for a blog. Anyways, here's a taste of what that Chelsea grin scene will look like (fully unedited btw)



Pretty sick, Amirite? if you're wondering what the blood is, it's blue+red food dye. Red for the big spills, blue for the thick concentration of blood at the very bottom of the sink. If you need a visual, I am more than happy to provide you with one. Enjoy:


Anyways, the main big section of shots after this was the "blue smile" scene. I discovered today that Sil's skin stains easily so I didn't wanna expose her to a marker. That's why I settled for the next best thing: blue makeup. 
Messing around pt. 2, crab rave tine

We shot the the Blue smile scenes pretty easily tbh. I had no major hiccups. the one annoying thing is that I had to shoot some of it on Sil's phone while mine was dead..which lead to a LOT of emails of just footage. Also Jules is there cause I am sending her footage too for inspiration.  She even made a teaser for it.





Here's the rough teaser. Yes, there is a few things to fix but it's honestly nothing I can't fix. The rest of the filming for today was just finishing up any shots I may not have gotten yesterday from cut 1. Here's to cut 2, I think I'll get to sleep soon or i'll stay off. Who knows? Will I finally have a catch phase to sign off? Who's really to say...




No comments:

Post a Comment