Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Eyo, Progress check....

Like the TikTok reference in the title? No? That's ok, me and the Chinese government agent assigned to me when I downloaded it enjoyed it. Anyways, I decided to stop doing the other language title thing cause it was enough of a dose of being pretentious for me. I have been pretentious enough now to last me a lifetime. As a direct result, back to english.

Thing I did yesterday: finalize the outline for the short film. God bless. I think finalizing this was important because I am really looking for a scheme of beats to really stick to once I do get directing the movie. Anyways, lets dive into this outline:

I repeated the scenes, or at least their structure, to really hammer away at the fact a lot of the plot is gonna revolve around c single person's routine and descent/downward spiral. The beats highlighted in blue signify the start of a new day/scene and important visual repetition points that I wanna maintain consistent to flesh out the routine.


 After, there are often descriptors of how I want the character to behave. IDK what the script will look like since Jules officered to write that, but I wanted this to have a similar feel that so I could only rely on this if I needed to.


What I was apprehensive about was wether or not this was going to be visually interesting enough for an at least 5 min. short film, which is why I don't wanna do a shot list I want things to still be dynamic. As result the likely outcome of me not wanting a shot list will be a storyboard.

While I was in my creative swing, I also went ahead and used Google docs to script out the Radio narrator! I wanted it to go from this cheerful, happy anchor to one that's unhinged and aggressive, reflecting the protagonists POV an inner thoughts.


That's the script, I wanted to feature the whole thing because I enjoy it. Since I will be the one delivering it, I feel comfortable saying all those lines and if I wanna ad-lib an extra line, I trust myself to stick to the script for the rest of the script.

Anyways, I feel goof about those progress updates. I'll be back with more soon.

See y'alls later with maybe a proper catchphrase.


No comments:

Post a Comment