Saturday, March 7, 2020

ensembles et leur look


*AAANNNDDD today's pretentious title is brought to you by french, the ultimate wannabe Spanish* 

Yo, Yo, it's me back with more!

This will be kind of a quick post since costumes won't be final until me and Jules settle on who to cast for the film. However, after the color posts I have a more clear idea of what I wanna do for specifically outfits. (ensembles means ensemble in french..shocker I know).

ANYWAYS:
I want the core outfit to be yellow, because yellow is the most easily associated color with happiness. Hence, the shirt of our character will be yellow. Their pants are likely to be jeans because they're not a very distracting set of pants and don't really "pop" out, but preferably a shade that is inconspicuous enough that little to no attention is brought to the pants and away from the shirt. I want to use this burnt orange/pink robe my mom owns, a color that usually connoted warmth and safety, which would make sense on a robe as it's something people wear while they're at home, and inherently intimate space to a person. To try and put a pallate to this, I went on this website:
https://coolors.co/f37a5e-ede6e3-dadad9-36382e-5bc3eb
And found cool shades that, personally, encapsulate what I want our dominant COSTUME colors to look like:

F4D35E

0F37A5

F5A5B6

As for the camera tints, I've chosen two:

992CEB

80FF7F

What this palette looks like is essentially this:


Costumes would essentially be:



This is a very close color but lighter and make the jeans a very deep, neutral blue. I think this would be a sick costume shirt if we cast a female lead because my mom has  a shirt very similar to this one. 

The idea, however, is the general palette I want the movie to have. I am not touching any colors with inherent associations with sadness about blue and that's only due to convenience. The goal of the palette is to emphasize happiness and contrast with yellow or the actual content when the time comes to create visual intrigue during post-production. 

Anyways, that's been it for this post. I think I've gotten the color out of my system..

for now at least ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment