Thursday, March 5, 2020

the council will decide your fate (aka group meetings)

Today in class, we had our long awaited first meeting of the council...

Ok I'll be less dramatic, we just had our fist set of group meetings. They were productive and I really enjoyed hearing the ideas my classmates had. Below is a photo of what i wrote during the meeting for each person who spoke today.
(and I apologize for the slang in it btw)

My notes! I ~finally~ figured out how to take screenshots!!!
That was essentially what I thought for each group. Unfortunately, I was absent for when Jules presented our idea and missed some valuable notes, but she filled me in on the basics which seem to be:
*Don't involve the government
*make it more of a psychological horror than dystopian horror
*flesh out mise-en-scene in pre-production/focus on colors in post

I'll definitely have a color post up later, but one thing me and Stock discussed for this project was color grading in after effects/premier (featured prominently in my task bar). She told me to learn, and while I would def have a video of my learning how to grade, i already have! I learned for our Trailer project which was SICK. I watched a series of videos during that process, including (but not limited to): 




So in short, while Tstock is 100% right I should learn more, I have done my research into post-production techniques like grading. I'll see if I have to learn anything fancier by the time I have footage on my hands.

Once again, no outro this week...sorry guys keep tuning in to see if we'll have one.

Links for grading resources:

No comments:

Post a Comment