Friday, March 6, 2020

big brain time-or 1:20 AM and happiness

As I lie awake writing this post named after the time I whipped open my computer to put pen to paper, or more realistically, aggressive finger smash towards keyboard..All I can think about is one thing: Pretending to be happy is physically exhausting.

FOR CONTEXT: I was out canvassing with my friends from DSA (if you don't know what it means, you're not missing out on much of an organization tbh) on behalf of my homie G, Vermont Senator Bernard William Sanders.

Bernard asking you for your weekly recommendation for the class 
I canvassed for about 6-9 hours and honestly doing your civic duty is hard. About a third of the houses I visited were completely fine with me visiting and were happy to see youth engagement in politics. A third did not want anything to do with anyone under 35, especially if they were there on Bernie's behalf. The other third was nice but all they did was say they hoped I turned out in October "if Bernie doesn't win".  While I have my gripes with 2/3 of those, I can't just exactly be rude and not be a good example of the campaign I represent. Which honestly by about hour 3 left me emotionally drained, and by the time I was done? my mom was commenting I looked like I hadn't slept in days. So here I am, not sleeping. If you're wondering how this relates to my film, well its because our character pretends to be happy at their own expense too. So it would be super logical for them to be looking exhausted by the end of the film/as it progresses. Maybe with makeup? post effects? I don't know the specifics yet. But I am gonna swing this idea by Tstock for now and see what she says. For now remember: vote Bernie Sanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment